l have been a part of a few successful wildlife rescues and educate people on wildlife and environmental issues. We have helped in issues to save wetlands, woodlands etc.to save the precious life within. It is well worth the effort. We can all learn to live and work together. Education is the key. In 2011 I won an education award from Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority for the work and photography I do. Habitat is fast disappearing and with it, many species are also declining in numbers. So many species can actually tell us the health of our environment and alert us to problems we need to know about. They all need to be protected.

Jen's Creative Photography

For the more domestic side of my work, for example, pet photography, babies and other photo shoots, please go to
Jen's Creative Photography

Followers

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Birds in my backyard




After days & days of rain. The sun finally came out although it was quite cool. But with it the birds came. I have had about 9 white throated sparrows for a couple weeks now. And they are quite tame it seems. A female immature ( this years) pileated woodpecker showed up. She sat long enough for me to run inside, grab my camera and shoot these from inside the house through the window. Didn't want to miss her. She was interested in this birdhouse and was peeking inside and pecking at it. Back and forth a  couple times to the peanuts. So this made my day. I haven't seen the baby pileated's here for 2 years now. They always came with mom & dad. With a huge massive development going in in up the street. My birds have not been the same. They say it wont make a difference. When you have documented for 20 years or more. You do see a difference. Then my cardinal came to the berries on my red dogwood out by my front window later in the day. So these were taken also through my front window. Busy day indeed. Loved every minute.









No comments: