l have been a part of a few successful wildlife rescues and educate people on wildlife and environmental issues. We have helped in issues to save wetlands, woodlands etc.to save the precious life within. It is well worth the effort. We can all learn to live and work together. Education is the key. In 2011 I won an education award from Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority for the work and photography I do. Habitat is fast disappearing and with it, many species are also declining in numbers. So many species can actually tell us the health of our environment and alert us to problems we need to know about. They all need to be protected.

Jen's Creative Photography

For the more domestic side of my work, for example, pet photography, babies and other photo shoots, please go to
Jen's Creative Photography

Followers

Thursday, August 1, 2013

twins

There are some things in life that no words can describe. This is one of them. Our spur of the moment trip to Algonquin was the best trip ever. A few people were pulled over here watching this cow quite a distance back in a wetland area. There was a young boy standing there with his little pocket camera. Taking pictures to his hearts content. I said do you see her babies. He got so excited. They had been standing there for a while even when we got there. They had not seen her little ones snuggled into the tall grasses near her. Well he said "babies, she has babies, where" . ) Then he ran yelling MOM SHE HAS BABIES. It was a moment I wont forget. Actually out of all the people standing along the road side, no one knew she had little twins near her hunkered in the grasses. I know what to look for and I had a feeling that day I was going to get my dream of seeing a healthy (this years ) moose calve. I have always seen yearlings. I have seen moose calves at a couple months of age a few years ago at a rehab center when they were rescued as their momma dropped dead. Leaving two helpless babes behind. Luckily we did find them, one by her side nuzzling her as if to say Mom I'm hungry, why wont you move.  It brought instant tears. They figured she had brain worm. Then we also figured after getting the one calf that we thought we heard another in the woods crying, sure enough number 2 was wondering around looking for mom. They left her there until they got both little ones and then took her body away. I have never seen anything so sad and touching.Deer carry these brain worms with no effects and if a moose picks it up it is certain death. Very sad. We go to extremes to see these beautiful creatures that god created for us. But what a lot of people don't think of or often know. Is that their lives are not easy. There survival is tough. All baby animals and birds critical time is their first year of life. If they make it past that. Its lookin good for them. This year, I saw my moose calf. But it turned into 2 moose calves about 2 months old. (twins). I was grinning ear to ear. Mom and babes healthy and oh so amazing. I wish them well. And hope for the best for her and her little ones. I am so glad I pointed those little ones out to that family. Because that young boy I would say between 11 or 12 maybe, he will never forget it. Your lucky to see a moose but twins at this age. WOW!!!

























No comments: