l have been a part of a few successful wildlife rescues and educate people on wildlife and environmental issues. We have helped in issues to save wetlands, woodlands etc.to save the precious life within. It is well worth the effort. We can all learn to live and work together. Education is the key. In 2011 I won an education award from Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority for the work and photography I do. Habitat is fast disappearing and with it, many species are also declining in numbers. So many species can actually tell us the health of our environment and alert us to problems we need to know about. They all need to be protected.

Jen's Creative Photography

For the more domestic side of my work, for example, pet photography, babies and other photo shoots, please go to
Jen's Creative Photography

Followers

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mother Nature's Beauty

As you all know this year winter has been almost non existant. And as many of us love this. I for one hate it. As I sit here posting these photos it is pooring rain outside. I don't dare go out as the ice will take me down. And the fog is so bad I can't see across the street. The lakes here are still open with only a hint of ice around the edges and maybe some out floating in the center. And it is some 33 deg. F. Even the dog is not interested in going out in this. You got aches and pains. Boy you know it. Only 2-3 days ago we were in the deep freeze. For 2 whole days it was so bitterly cold out there. But the sun was shining and it looked so beautiful. So you got it. I bundled up in everything I had and headed out. We only had at that time a very little bit of snow. Some places had none. But I went out on an adventure. I was tired from the cold after a day out driving around. But I was very lucky.. Here are a few shots of what mother nature has to offer us if we open our eyes. A beautiful dead leaf just sitting in the snow. Sticking out with its veins so true and apparent,beautiful. Below an oak tree sat a lonely leaf with an acorn not far away. Sparkling in the bitter cold. Some very neet looking ice was formed on the rock with the icy water around it. The lake had a very stormy look although the sun was shining. Way far off I could see what looked like funnels forming heading into the lake. Very cool. And a tiny bud with I think they call it hoar frost all around the tip. Everywhere I looked I found something worthy of snapping off a shot or two. Beautiful but very cold morning.









No comments: