l have been a part of a few successful wildlife rescues and educate people on wildlife and environmental issues. We have helped in issues to save wetlands, woodlands etc.to save the precious life within. It is well worth the effort. We can all learn to live and work together. Education is the key. In 2011 I won an education award from Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority for the work and photography I do. Habitat is fast disappearing and with it, many species are also declining in numbers. So many species can actually tell us the health of our environment and alert us to problems we need to know about. They all need to be protected.

Jen's Creative Photography

For the more domestic side of my work, for example, pet photography, babies and other photo shoots, please go to
Jen's Creative Photography

Followers

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Wild turkeys in my backyard area.

This male wild turkey and his herom of 4 females were by the lake having a ciesta when I came upon them. This male was oblivious to my presence as he was as you can see, busy with other things on his mind. While the females were having a wee nap, he kept strutting his stuff. CUTE!! The female saw me and stood up and they all followed. I ruined the moment. "sorry dude" They all slowly strutted away, male in tow,and grabbed a bit to eat off the driveway. The colors in these birds was amazing. They hang around here for a bit until hunting season. They seem to then know they have to hide. Found one foot belonging to what I think was a female. When I saw them a couple days later there was only 2 females. HMMMMM? Some one else found a whole bunch of tail feathers near that. Very sad.










No comments: