l have been a part of a few successful wildlife rescues and educate people on wildlife and environmental issues. We have helped in issues to save wetlands, woodlands etc.to save the precious life within. It is well worth the effort. We can all learn to live and work together. Education is the key. In 2011 I won an education award from Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority for the work and photography I do. Habitat is fast disappearing and with it, many species are also declining in numbers. So many species can actually tell us the health of our environment and alert us to problems we need to know about. They all need to be protected.

Jen's Creative Photography

For the more domestic side of my work, for example, pet photography, babies and other photo shoots, please go to
Jen's Creative Photography

Followers

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Nature weekend in Algonquin Sept,14,15 & 16

A little while ago I found out about this fabulous nature weekend get a way at Algonquin's Arowhon Camp. Thats for me I said. Got into an unheated cabin. Didnt much care. It was fine. My friend Fran and I were toasty in our warm sleeping bags. We had a furry friend of some sort walking on top of the roof the first night. Second night we had a teeny tiny mouse that sounded like it was having a boxing match with the garbage can inside. I sat up and shined my light on it and this wee little thing just motored on outta there. Sounded more like a raccoon than a mouse. We had a good laugh at that one. We got a nice little cabin right on the water. Hey we had our own washroom,what more do you want. With the days activities we were to tired to feel any cold,and slept well. Up before the birds to go out with naturalists on various excursions. 3 meals a day plus snacks. Food was terrific,we were looked after exceptionally well. I am going back if they have it next year. The talks and outings were awesome. The naturalist were full of information and took us on terrific outings. The tough one was we had to choose and we wanted to do them all. We met some great people. And the stars at night ,well it was spectacular. A bit of rain on and off Sat. Nobody cared, not gonna melt,it is after all the great out doors and we where in Algonquin,my most favorite place. So rain,no big deal. Sunday was amazing. The sun was shinning and it even had some nice heat to it. All in all it was fantastic and much needed. Draw back was it wasnt long enough. I have posted a lot of photos but it was such a great weekend I just wanted to share it. Enjoy.



No comments: