l have been a part of a few successful wildlife rescues and educate people on wildlife and environmental issues. We have helped in issues to save wetlands, woodlands etc.to save the precious life within. It is well worth the effort. We can all learn to live and work together. Education is the key. In 2011 I won an education award from Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority for the work and photography I do. Habitat is fast disappearing and with it, many species are also declining in numbers. So many species can actually tell us the health of our environment and alert us to problems we need to know about. They all need to be protected.

Jen's Creative Photography

For the more domestic side of my work, for example, pet photography, babies and other photo shoots, please go to
Jen's Creative Photography

Followers

Friday, June 6, 2014

Haliburton Wolf center


One of my favorite places to visit. These wolves are amazing to watch and listen to. You never know if you will see them all as they roam their 15 acre enclosure as natural as in the wild. These wolves have been bred in captivity and know nothing else. They are happy and they are healthy. This year Luna and Fang had 4 pups. Not out of the den as yet. I am awaiting patiently so I can go up again for a visit to see these new babes. It is a great place to go and learn about wolves. NOT the predator they are made out to be by TV, media and even fairy tails. If you see a wolf in the wild,concider yourself very lucky. I have a couple of times. One time being one ran or should I say "floated" across my in front of my car on a dark foggy night. Near my home. I was in Aw and still am. It is an experience you don't soon forget. If ever. As with all wildlife. RESPECT, give space and never approach them with intent to feed. We are very fortunate to share our space with them. But unfortunately we are taking over "their" space to much. Go pay a visit to the Haliburton Forest & Wildlife Reserves wolf center. You will love it. You will come away loving wolves.!!














No comments: